Costhetics is all about equality. That’s why we’re raising the banner in support of men who go through physical changes related to pregnancy.
Did you think this was just a problem for women? If so, prepare to learn how and why men develop a “dad body” and how cosmetic procedures can help them return to their pre-baby looks.
Don’t Blame Baby, It’s Hormones!
As reported in The Huffington Post, researchers found that levels of testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, and progesterone all rose significantly in pregnant women. At the same time, men may experience a drop in testosterone of up to 20%. Low testosterone can lead to increases in body fat, particularly around the middle.
“Having lower testosterone is good if you’re around a child, because you’re going to be less aggressive, and it promotes nurturance,” says Robin Edelstein, an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Michigan and co-author of a study on hormonal shifts.
Top Ways Dads Can Turn Back Time
Today’s appearance-conscious men are just as eager as their spouses to free themselves of the outward signs of parenting. The most common procedures dads seek are:
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – A surgical solution that eliminates stubborn belly fat. The surgeon manipulates and contours the muscle, tissue, and skin as needed. The results are a flatter and more defined mid-section.
- Liposuction – this surgical body-contouring procedure is especially effective at eliminating excess fat that accumulates on a man’s thighs, arms, legs, and chest.
- Gynaecomastia – A surgical procedure to reduce and firm sagging breast skin that can result from weight gain and loss. The results make the chest firmer and more contoured.
- CoolSculpting – A non-surgical treatment that freezes away belly fat in a matter of minutes.
Like mummies, daddies can also take advantage of a wide range of surgical and non-surgical procedures that address an ageing face, such as:
- Face Lift
- Eyelid Lift (blepharoplasty)
- Dermal fillers
- Anti-wrinkle injections
Costhetics Presents a Safe Daddy Makeover
The first step in anyone’s makeover process is homework. (Sorry!) Take the time to research and identify an experienced, board-certified surgeon. Step two is a consultation. “A top professional will take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient,” explains Louisa McKay of Costhetics. “It’s important to steer clear of unscrupulous doctors that recommend every possible enhancement procedure, regardless of whether it is appropriate for you or not.”