Cosmetic injectables remain in the news for a very good reason: They work! Injections of cosmetic medicine are a popular treatment with men and women who want to refresh their appearance, but don’t want to spend a lot of time and money to achieve their goals.
If you’ve been on the fence about facial rejuvenation using these products, Team Costhetics hopes this post will give you the facts you need to make the right choice for you.
Costhetics Explains 2 Types of Cosmetic Injectables & How They Work
Cosmetic injectables come in a variety of strengths and formulations, but essentially there are two specific types:
- Dermal Filler Injections – In a process known as soft tissue augmentation, dermal filler material is injected under the skin to make it appear plumper and more youthful. Fillers are used to soften facial lines and restore volume and fullness to an ageing face.
- Muscle Relaxing Injections – By far the most common and popular cosmetic medicine treatment worldwide, these injections temporarily paralyse muscles that cause facial lines. They are particularly effective for crow’s feet, turned down mouth corners, lip lines, and other visible signs of facial ageing.
5 Tips for Cosmetic Injectable Success
Millions of patients have been treated worldwide with cosmetic muscle relaxants and dermal fillers.
What can YOU do to ensure the best possible outcome with cosmetic injectables for facial rejuvenation? The team at Costhetics suggests:
- Get Educated about Types of Cosmetic Injectables – There are a wide range of cosmetic medicine injectables, which fall under two categories – muscle relaxants and dermal fillers. Some are great for crow’s feet, others restore moisture and plumpness to ageing skin, and still others are perfect for correcting lines around the mouth.
Tip: Do a little online research (look no further than costhetics.com.au!) to determine which product you think is best for the results you want to achieve.
- Choose the Right Professional to Administer Cosmetic Injectables – Every aesthetic treatment is a collaboration between patient and injector. An experienced cosmetic injector with a good track record for patient satisfaction will listen to your concerns, give you a realistic assessment of your skin, and make recommendations as to a course of treatment.
Tip: Ask to see before-and-after photos and read testimonials as a litmus test of your injector’s skill.
- Be Realistic About the Long Term Effects of Cosmetic Injectables – In a perfect world, a single treatment with a cosmetic injectable would instantly and permanently reverse the visible signs of ageing. In the world we live in, however, the effects of dermal fillers and muscle relaxing injections are temporary, lasting anywhere from four months to three years.
Tip: To maintain your fresh face, plan on returning to your cosmetic professional for maintenance visits every 4 months.
- Get with the Program for Cosmetic Injectable Success – During your preliminary consultation regarding dermal fillers and/or neurotoxin injections, your injector will give you instructions to help you get the most out of your treatment. Listen to your injector! Small lifestyle adjustments can yield a huge difference in the results you achieve.
Tip: Stop taking aspirin a few days prior to your treatment and be sure not to scratch or rub the treated areas after your treatment. Refrain from using skincare with active ingredients for a few days after treatment.
We hope this post has opened your eyes and answered your questions about cosmetic injectables. If you’d like to know more, a consultation with your injector can shed more light on how dermal fillers and muscle relaxing injections can rejuvenate your appearance.