Much as mothers love their babies, many mums are not quite as thrilled about the physical changes that motherhood brings.
Repeated pregnancies, in particular, can stretch and distort the breasts and abdomen, making mums feel less attractive, less confident, and less competitive in the workplace.
Today many cosmetic surgeons offer packages designed to help mums reclaim their pre-maternity figure. These procedures help women feel renewed and youthful and are not only affordable, but also demand minimal down time.
Millions of mums are eager to regain their firm, taut figures. One question that’s on their minds is this:
What is the best way to prepare for a mummy makeover
so I can optimise results and speed up recovery time?
The Costhetics team has been hard at work finding the answer.
The #1 Thing You Must Do Before a Mummy Makeover
You and your surgeon are a team. The first step to making it a winning team is to find a skilled provider. What is a skilled provider? Costhetics believes it is someone who
- Is experienced in the procedures that are of interest to you (tummy tuck, breast implants, breast lift, liposuction, etc).
- Can offer before and after photos and testimonials to demonstrate his/her skill.
- LISTENS… and takes the time to know you as a patient and a person, asking about both your medical history and your current lifestyle.
- Simplifies any complicated medical concepts so that you understand exactly what you are being told.
Before You Consider a Makeover Designed for Mums
Most mummy makeovers address changes in the breast and abdominal areas. Therefore it is wise to
- Be finished with childbearing
- Be finished with breastfeeding
Costhetics Explains Top 3 Ways to Get Ready for a Mummy Makeover
Once you have selected your surgeon and had your first consultation, you will be given a list of pre-procedure instructions. Follow them to the letter, and you can make a significant difference in the success of your procedures and the outcome of your makeover. These instructions are likely to include:
- Be in Good General Health – A strong, healthy body responds positively to surgery and heals more efficiently. If you have any medical conditions that affect your health, be sure to discuss them with your surgeon. This includes both long-term and short-term health challenges. Remember, it’s better to postpone a much-anticipated makeover than to risk complications due to illness.
- Be at or Near Your Ideal Weight – Surgeons generally agree that the risk of surgical complications (blood clots, for example) is reduced when patients are at a long-term stable weight.
- Stop Smoking – Most surgeons recommend that patients for a Mummy Makeover stop smoking for at least a month prior to surgery, and continue to refrain from smoking during the recovery process. Smoking restricts blood flow and oxygen delivery, which can impede your body’s ability to heal.
Stop using all tobacco and nicotine products such as e-cigarettes, as well as anti-smoking gums, sprays, and patches. Second-hand smoke should also be avoided.
- Stop Taking Certain Medications – Over-the-counter medications that thin the blood (such as aspirin) can cause difficulty during surgery. Your surgeon will give you a list of medications that should be avoided prior to your procedure and instructions about when you can start taking them again.