Costhetics is a huge proponent of diet and exercise when it comes to weight loss, of course.
Yet as we investigate the world of aesthetic enhancement, one thing is clear: diet and exercise alone may not be enough to achieve your ideal contours. Are you plagued by pinch-able fat spots that just won’t go away? Don’t give up!
Happily, we can report there is a wide range of non-surgical treatments for fat loss that can help. Even more happily, Costhetics has ideas you can use to keep your new curves looking their best longer.
Hot and Cold: Non-Surgical Fat-Loss Treatments
It has never been easier, if a bit confusing, to banish stubborn body fat and achieve a sleeker, smoother contour for your face and body. Costhetics wants to help clear up some of that confusion before we go any further:
- Fat melting – Laser-generated energy is converted to heat and targets fat cells. The heat liquefies the cells which are then eliminated naturally by the body. A relatively low level of heat can destroy fat cells without damaging surrounding tissue and skin. This, and a quick treatment time of just 25 minutes, keep fat melting a hot procedure in body sculpting.
- Fat freezing – On the other end of the fat-loss treatment thermometer is the use of low temperatures to re-shape the body. Rather than liquefying fat cells, a process known as cryolipolysis freezes the cells to death. The lymphatic system takes over and naturally eliminates them, just as with fat melting. Treatment time is under 30 minutes, but results may take up to six months to be visible.
- Fat dissolving – If you think cosmetic injectables are just for fine lines and wrinkles, think again! Under-chin fat is the new target of an injectable treatment. The process relies on deoxycholic acid injections to reduce moderate to severe under chin fat. The acid destroys the fat permanently and dead cells are metabolised and eliminated by the body. Treatments are fast and multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve optimal results. Most importantly, “Make sure that a trained healthcare professional administers your Kybella injections since deoxycholic acid can kill other cells in the process as well,” say experts. (Costhetics couldn’t agree more!)
These treatments can be game changers for those with a small amount of stubborn fat that just won’t go away. The real game changer, however, is the things you can do to ensure your body contouring treatments last and last.
2 Important Facts about Fat Loss Treatments
Fat freezing and liquefying destroys about 20% of fat cells in the treatment area. As you now know, those cells are permanently eliminated and do not return to the body. The treatments are not magic, however. It’s important to remember:
- New fat cells can be generated
- Remaining fat cells can still swell with subsequent weight gain
It’s simple to understand. When you lose weight, your fat cells shrink. When you gain weight, they do too. After a non-surgical fat loss treatment, your body is still loaded with fat cells that weren’t impacted by heat, cold, or whatever modality you’ve chosen. This is true in the area that was sculpted as well as in other parts of your body.
In fact, because you have fewer fat cells in the treatment area, you may gain weight in unexpected places where fat cells are more plentiful. If you gain weight after a treatment targeting belly fat, that weight may appear on your buttocks, stomach, etc. You don’t want that to happen and neither does Costhetics. So…
How to Get Better, Longer Fat-Loss Treatment Results
The success of your fat-loss treatment depends on a number of factors. Not the least of these is the training and experience of the professional you choose. As always, Costhetics reminds you to seek out a practitioner in your area with the training and experience necessary to be a good partner in your aesthetic endeavours. Beyond that, you can make the most of the new-and-improved you if you try to:
- Drink More – Hold on. Put down that bottle of Moet! Water is the drink of choice for optimising your fat-loss treatment results. Hydration helps your body expel destroyed fat cells, making it easy for your lymphatic system to do its job. Water has also been shown to reduce appetite and calorie intake. Water never tasted so good.
- Eat More – Surprised? Don’t be. Eating more of the right foods gives your body the nutritional tools it needs to keep your body in top form. The right foods also satisfy hunger and curb cravings, helping you to keep away from processed foods, white flour, and sugar. Right foods include lots of fruits and vegetables, lean and vegetarian proteins, whole grains, and the very occasional Tim Tam (just skip the double-stuff).
- Exercise, More or Less – To maintain weight loss and keep fat from coming back, your goal is to put your body in energy balance. This term refers to the blissful state where you consume the same number of calories that you burn. Fitness pros suggest a 30-minute daily workout. That doesn’t mean that 15 minutes a day won’t help, too. Team Costhetics wants you to stay positive about exercise, especially if you’ve been couch-potato-ing during the pandemic. Set small goals, achieve them, feel joy, and set new goals. It works!
- Consider the Aesthetics Fat-Loss Multiverse – You likely know about the benefits of combining anti-ageing treatments for maximum results. The same concept can be applied to fat-loss treatments which can be combined with skin-tightening procedures including ultrasound, radiofrequency, and laser treatments with IPL and BBL.
Costhetics invites you to contact us for more information about practitioners in your area who are waiting to help you achieve your goals.