Without the warm glow of Xmas to light you up, you may have started to notice your skin is fading too…and fast.
Don’t worry. Costhetics is here to help you keep your glow going all summer long.
Natural Challenges to Your Natural Glow
Your skin and the environment are natural enemies; more like frenemies, really.
- The sun gives us much needed vitamin D, but it also dries skin and UV rays are the #1 cause of skin cancer. (Costhetics says use a sunscreen)
- Fresh air is good for the spirit, but it was in short supply this summer as hundreds of bush fires polluted the air with smoke and particulate matter. There is increasing evidence that smoke “contributes to skin inflammation and skin ageing via impaired collagen synthesis.”
- Ocean water contains vitamins, amino acids and minerals beneficial for psoriasis patients, but it can be drying. (Costhetics reminds you to shower off in clean, tepid water after you’ve had your saltwater fun)
With so many challenges, even the best efforts with at-home skin care may not be enough to keep your skin glowing. If that’s what’s happening to your skin right now, we invite you to consider our 3-step Costhetics’ Go for the Glow regimen. We created it just for you…but we’re not doctors, so please talk to your skin care specialist before choosing any treatment or procedure.
It’s Not All About the Collagen…Just Mostly
Costhetics’ Go for the Glow was put together to address some of the most common skin complaints people have during the summer:
- Ageing skin
- Crepe-y skin
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines
- Pigmentation problems
- Sun damage
When your summer skin is bringing you down, brighten up with Step 1:
- BBL – This non-invasive light treatment reduces pigmentation and stimulates collagen regeneration to improve skin quality. It also helps tighten underlying skin, helping to reduce the appearance of wrinkles while it corrects uneven skin tone and texture. Maximum benefits are achieved with a series of treatments.
To make a good thing even better, try:
- Chemical Peel – Vitamin A has the ability to exfoliate skin and stimulate collagen, too. It removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells, exposing smoother, younger looking skin. It improves the appearance of fine lines and can address superficial pigmentation problems. Medical grade peels provide the most impressive benefits. These are prescription-only formulations and should only be administered by a skin practitioner.
- LED Therapy – Your skin will light up, cellular-ly speaking when you treat it to LED light therapy reports shape.com. Red light treatments penetrate the skin deeply where they stimulate fibroblasts to produce more collagen. Blue light fights back against acne that may be surging with the change of seasons.
Your Most Important Role Ever: A Skin Therapist
A good daily skin care routine makes it easy to glow on and on and on. Costhetics recommends you work with a skin specialist or dermatologist to choose products best suited to your skin needs. They will also be able to help you create your personalised daily regimen including:
- Morning Skin Care – Cleanse, moisturise (to seal in hydration), and apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen.
- Skin Hydration – Hydrated skin is happy skin. Be sure to load up on H2O. Costhetics recommends plain, filtered water for hydration and detoxification
- Skin-Sensitive Sun Protection – Sunscreen should be re-applied every two hours when you’re out in the sun. Let your skin therapist help you navigate through the dizzying array of options including oil-free, extra emollient formulas for dry skin, or chemical free formulas for sensitive, reactive skin.
- Damage Control – We confess. We’re not perfect. Are you? If not, and you forget your sunscreen and end up with a whopper of a burn, don’t ignore over-exposed skin. Apply a cooling, soothing balm early and often.
Now get glowing, mate!