Your nose. When you look into the mirror each morning (and evening, and every time in between), it is the most prominent three-dimensional feature of your face.
Do you like what you see? Have you thought about making a change but are uncomfortable with the limited (and painful!) options to alter it? Costhetics has good news for you from the world of facial aesthetics. Responding to the needs of patients, experts have developed a technique known as a nose thread lift. It’s effective and minimally invasive.
Want to know more? Of course you do!
Nose Thread Lift: Is There Anything They Can’t Do?
In the not-as-good old days of aesthetic enhancement, Costhetics advised patients who wanted to correct the ageing effects of facial skin laxity to get facelift surgery. The cost, downtime, and other factors, put it out of reach for many, unfortunately. Flash forward to 2014, when the thread lift came along. This game-changing (face-changing?) technique corrected drooping cheeks and sagging jowls subtly and without surgery.
Now, flash forward to today and the discovery that what’s good for the face is good for the nose too. Dissolvable threads (referred to by the scary term barbed sutures) made of a complex sugar called PSO, are positioned across the nasal bridge and the septum, as well as in the nose tip. The placement of the threads and a gentle pulling is used to create a refined contour and shape. The threads provide structural support to hold the nose into its revised position and also stimulate collagen to help maintain the lift of the nose for as long as possible.
It’s important to remember that a thread lift will not repair a deviated septum, or permanently change the shape of your nose. Only surgical rhinoplasty can do that. What it can do is transform your facial contours by:
- Narrowing the nasal bridge
- Creating a flat bridge
- Straightening a crooked bridge
- Lifting the nasal tip
- Re-contouring the nose
- Narrowing the tip
Thread nose lifts are turning lunch hours into aesthetic transformation time with 3 unique benefits patients just love.
3 BIG Benefits of Nose Thread Lifts
Like thread lifts for the face, nose thread lifts are popular for three main reasons:
- No Migration – Nose threads are fixed in place and cannot migrate from their original position. “Unlike dermal fillers, which can migrate away from the treatment area causing unintentional lumps, the threads are not able to move from their original position, which also reduces the risk of blood vessels becoming disturbed or damaged,” reports Glamour Magazine in their article on the subject.
- Long-Lasting Results – Like other types of aesthetic threads, nose threads dissolve over time. Although the treatment is not permanent like rhinoplasty, effects may be enjoyed for up to two years. This is better than what can be achieved with dermal filler which generally dissolves into the skin within six months.
- A Boost for Collagen Production – Age-related collagen depletion and bone-thinning can make the nose more prominent. The insertion of nose threads triggers collagen production, which helps to firm and plump the area around the threads.
Other benefits include:
- Impermanent – Nose threads are a great way to test-drive facial enhancement. If you don’t like the results, they will fade naturally.
- Convenience/No Downtime – A 30-minute in-and-out treatment produces immediate results.
Do You Have a Nose for a Thread Lift?
It’s true that not all doctors are in favour of nose threads. Some feel they can catch on the skin and create scar tissue or visible puckering. Others worry that doctors are not experienced, and their lack of expertise will lead to problems. What do you think? If you’re not certain, you should ask an expert. Costhetics doesn’t have the answer to whether a nose thread lift is right for you, but we can help you find a trusted provider to guide you safely through your aesthetic transformation.