Breast augmentation surgery has been a lifesaver for women who are dissatisfied with their curves.
The demand has never been greater for this figure-flattering procedure. Increased demand has led to more and more practitioners offering to perform this procedure. For them, breast augmentation surgery
- Is relatively uncomplicated and easy
- Doesn’t take long to perform
- Has a low risk factor
Breast augmentation mammoplasty is also extremely lucrative, and many practitioners offer their services at discounted rates. That’s what brings us to today’s post.
At Costhetics, we know that the allure of low-cost breast enhancement can be irresistible. We also know, however, that you most often get what you pay for when you let price be your guide when selecting a cosmetic enhancement surgeon, procedure, or product.
So we’d like to share four factors that go into the cost of having your breasts enhanced. Knowledge is power, and when it comes to cosmetic surgery, knowledge can also keep you safe. We want you to have the information you need to find an excellent, qualified, experiencedsurgeon to make your breasts more beautiful.
6 Questions to Ask Your Surgeon before Breast Augmentation
The skill of your surgeon is the single most important factor in the success of breast implant surgery. Here are some questions that will help you assess his/her experience:
- What are your medical credentials; where did you train?
- How many breast implant procedures do you do each year?
- What percentage of your practice is dedicated to breast augmentation?
- What type of implants do you use? What is your experience with each?
- What is your reoperation rate?
- What is the most common type of reoperation you perform?
3 “Red Flags” to Watch for In Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty
Have you found a cosmetic surgery practice that performs breast augmentation surgery at a reduced rate? If so, these may be the reasons why:
- Cost of Anaesthesia – General anaesthesia is the gold standard for patient care during breast implant surgery. One way surgeons can cut costs is by using twilight sedation with a local anaesthetic. Though not unsafe, you may not feel as comfortable during your procedure.
- Cost of Hospital – It is not uncommon for breast augmentation surgery to be performed at accredited day surgeries. Though they are less costly and generally safe, day surgeries are not always equipped to provide a proper response in the event of complications.
- Cost of Implant – Advancements in the design of breast implants mean that patients have more options in terms of implant size and shape, ranging from implants known as “anatomical” to those known as “teardrop.” These options enable patients to get results that look more natural and are more satisfying. Surgeons offering discount breast augmentation surgery may limit your choice of implants to a traditional (least expensive) round implant.
Breast augmentation mammoplasty does not end with your surgery. A good surgeon will want to see the results and monitor your progress. Be sure to enquire about
- After-care, including pain management
- Surgeon’s policies should surgical revisions be necessary
We wish you the best in your quest for the very best breasts!